Sunday, October 26, 2014

Gratitude Journal -- Day 26

1.  Shopping AFTER a holiday.  Wow!  What opportunity!  Retailers aren't crazy to see me coming--except that I do help clear out inventory. But what a great feeling to come home knowing I've saved money--and on just a few occasions purchased items that I have no use for whatsoever...but they were sooo cheap!

Buying something on sale is a very special feeling.  
In fact, the less I pay for something, the more it is worth to me.  
I have a dress that I paid so little for that I am afraid to wear it.  
I could spill something on it, 
and then how would I replace it for that amount of money?  
                                  --- Rita Rudner

2.  The Value of Integrity.  I love the word itself.  It doesn't imply perfection.  It is not rule-based.   Values come from a deeper level of the human psyche and encompass a broader perspective.  In looking at integrity, I must ask myself if I am living honestly, with principle, and with virtue and trustworthiness.  

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip. 
                                     ― Will Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment