Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Gratitude Challenge -- Day 22

1.  Creativity.  I have several really artistic friends, and I don't place myself in that league.  But I have spurts of creativity that equals my need for coffee w/CREAMER each morning.  I've made cards, created scrapbooks, sewn book bags, decorated journals, and now I'm embellishing gift bags.  I have oodles of these items!  I give many away.  I'm afraid my friends want to run when they see me coming...   However, I still appreciate this interest.  It definitely meets some hidden need. 

To be creative means to be in love with life. 
You can be creative only if you love life enough that you want to enhance its beauty, 
you want to bring a little more music to it, 
a little more poetry to it, a little more dance to it.”
                                                 ― Osho

2.  Candlelight.  Whether the middle of the afternoon or late in the evening, there is something atmosphere-setting about the lovely glow of candlelight in a room.  The soft glimmer is welcoming to guests.  It softens the mood and keeps conflict at bay.   It creates a warm ambiance.  And on a very practical level, the blush of candlelight hides the unsightly.  

Firelight will not let you read fine stories but it's warm 
and you won't see the dust on the floor.  
                                                            --- Irish Proverb 

No comments:

Post a Comment