Thursday, October 9, 2014

Gratitude Challenge -- Day 9

1.  Containers.  A silly thing perhaps.  But nothing gives me greater satisfaction--remember I'm retired and past the point of high adventure--than a trip to The Container Store.  Shelves lined with all sizes and shapes of boxes and baskets...my salivating glands work overtime at the mention.  They must be pretty--and if they're not when purchased, I add embellishments--organization is NOT a utilitarian endeavor; it's part of the decor

Organized people are just too lazy to look for something...--a truism. 

2.  Memory of a feather bed.  My third grade teacher invited a friend and me to stay overnight with her family.  We slept in the attic in a feather bed.  Cuddling down into the thick softness, covered with homemade quilts, we recreated stories of Laura Ingalls Wilder and Anne of Green Gables.   Are feather beds still in existence?

Don't you wish you could take a single childhood memory 
and blow it up into a bubble and live inside it forever?
                                                   ― Sarah Addison Allen



 

No comments:

Post a Comment