Thursday, October 2, 2014

Gratitude Challenge--Day 2

1.  This morning I'm thinking about my friend who died on Monday morning.  Gail lived life with such beauty--a loving, caring woman; an artist; a writer.  And she died with the most amazing grace.   Since I knew Gail had explored both Christianity and Buddhism, I asked her about her beliefs as she faced death.  Her face radiated a smile as she said, "Mary, in the end, it just doesn't matter.  People's prayers, meditations--however they choose to include me in their thoughts--all speak of their love."  A beautiful lady I feel privileged to have known.

2.  Though I shy away from extremes, I am ever so grateful for contrasts.  Personalities.  Colors.  Perspectives.  Cultures.  Delving into any or all of these expands my thinking and ultimately, broadens my world.

At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person.  Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.
                     -- Albert Schweitzer 

No comments:

Post a Comment