Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Gratitude Challenge -- Day 28

1.  Guy--as in male--friends.  You know, the kind you can meet for coffee.  No romantic attachment--or even interest.  In most cases, these fellows have wives with whom I'm also friends.  But the guy relationship adds a dimension to my life that I appreciate. 

Friendship marks a life even more deeply than love. 
Love risks degenerating into obsession, friendship is never anything but sharing.
                                                                 ― Elie Wiesel  

2.  Journals.  I have years of them!  They record my activities, thoughts, mistakes, craziness, sadness, and joy.  I can't remember when writing didn't clear away head-debris to enable me to see more clearly.   Occasionally rereading one is an excellent habit for observing one's grown...or not.

To me, reading through old letters and journals is like treasure hunting. Somewhere in those faded, handwritten lines there is a story that has been packed away in a dusty old box for years.
                                                                          ― Sara Sheridan
   

No comments:

Post a Comment