Monday, October 27, 2014

Gratitude Challenge -- Day 27

1.  The little voice inside me.  Religious and cultural traditions all have words to describe that sometimes murmur, sometimes shout.  It brings wisdom and sound judgment.  For many years I resisted the voice.  Then finally in adulthood I realized I could trust my own intuition.  

At times you have to leave the city of your comfort 
and go into the wilderness of your intuition. 
What you'll discover will be wonderful. 
What you'll discover is yourself.”
                                     ― Alan Alda


2.  Friends of many years.  I am Facebook friends with a few people I knew in grade school.  I've stayed in touch with several high school classmates over the years.  In some cases our current lives don't intersect on a regular basis, but there is a depth, which history creates, that makes us family.  

The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, 
but of respect and joy in each other's life. 
Rarely do members of one family grow up under the same roof.
                                          ― Richard Bach 

No comments:

Post a Comment