Monday, October 6, 2014

Gratitude Challenge -- Day 6

1.  Cabaret Theatre.  Yesterday, a friend and I saw Backwards in Heels:  The Ginger Rogers Musical--one amazing production!  Another reason I love living in southern Oregon!  When I was a child, I saw the movie American in Paris with Gene Kelly and Leslie Caron.  I danced my way home--oblivious to anyone around me.  Now I just sit and enjoy--while my heart performs the movements.

No woman ever ages beyond eighteen in her heart.
          --- Robert A. Heinlein

2.  Gentle mornings.  Slow awareness as I open my eyes.  Hearing the birds' wake-up songs.  Watching the sun's rays slither through the leaves bringing light to my bedroom.  Reading in the quietness of the morning.  Sipping my coffee/CREAMER--capitalization intentional--to take my drowsiness to alertness. 

When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive--
to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.
                          --- Marcus Aurelius
(Non-morning people will hate that quote...)

No comments:

Post a Comment