Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Gratitude Challenge -- Day 21

1.  Laughing at Myself.  I have made some pretty dumb mistakes during my life.  And age hasn't lessened that tendency.  While I don't intentionally make these blunders, in most cases they have little consequence but add a bit of silliness to my life.  

A person who knows how to laugh at himself 
will never cease to be amused.
       --- Shirley MacLaine

2.  Time Alone.  I truly love people.  My life is enriched by friends and the sometimes-serious-but-often-laughter-filled times we spend together.  But coming home to my little nest; anticipating a day without anything other than being alone brings a kind of peaceful joy.  I like spending time with myself--perhaps because most of the time I like myself.

Loving yourself…
does not mean being self-absorbed or narcissistic, or disregarding others. 
Rather it means welcoming yourself as the most honored guest in your own heart, 
a guest worthy of respect, a lovable companion.
                                         --- Margo Anand

 

No comments:

Post a Comment