Friday, October 17, 2014

Gratitude Challenge -- Day 17

1.  Small, Intimate Groups.  Yesterday our Creative Crones met.  Just three of us.  We spoke of one member who died last month.  We talked of projects we're working on or plan to begin.  Honesty, authenticity, and respect are a natural presence.  And, oh yes, there is laughter...lots of laughter. 

I wonder if this is how people always get close:
They heal each other's wounds;
they repair the broken skin.
                           --- Lauren Oliver

2.  My meditation table.  I would love to say that each morning I sit quietly and listen for words of wisdom or go into a state of utter peace.  But that's not so. When I do sit for meditation, the icons on the table remind me of the values that are so important to me--compassion, wisdom, balance in life, joy, honor for all, passion for life, and continuing my journey.

Mindfulness meditation doesn't change life. 
Life remains as fragile and unpredictable as ever. 
Meditation changes the heart's capacity to accept life as it is. 
                                    --- Sylvia Boorstein

No comments:

Post a Comment