Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Gratitude Challenge -- Day 29

1.  My years in Kenya. I have wonderful memories of the country and the people.  However, most significant is what Kenya taught me.   I spent much of my time advocating for my students.  The progression of that experience--I learned to advocate for myself.  Kenya enabled me to rediscover what I'd lost many years before.  My voice.  My inner self.  From then on...

 I found an inner strength to fight for myself. It was clear that nobody else would.
                                ― Tehmina Durrani

2.  Trick or Treat Children.  Halloween isn't at the top of my list of favorite holidays.  Prior to the first little ones coming to my door, I place a child's gate across the opening.  That way, since Gilly believes that every knock or ringing of the doorbell is a personal visit for him, the gate corrals him.  Then, while he greets, I hand out candy.  If the holiday isn't my favorite, it certainly is his!

Dogs love company. They place it first in their short list of needs.
                     --- J.R. Ackerley

No comments:

Post a Comment