Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Gratitude Challenge -- Day 8

1.  My Fitbit...Zip.  Yes, I no longer rave about my Flex since it's probably reached Japan by now--lost on the coast during an otherwise lovely day.   I have a lanyard coming which will enable me to wear the Zip around my neck--since that's where things must end up so they won't get lost.  (I'm hoping--hint, hint--for a couple of beautifully beaded lanyards from Santa--who by the way is the proprietor of a lovely shop called DearGirlJewelry.)   Now that I'm into counting my steps again, I want to take off for parts beyond...'cept that will take a GPS--though being directionally challenged does allow for some interesting experiences.

My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty.  
She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the heck she is.
                                             --- Ellen DeGeneres 

2.  Yoga.  While I'm thinking about exercise--truly hate that word!--I do not put yoga in that category.  I can feel the changes in my body as I stretch and move to the directions of my instructor.  Acceptance of myself.  Much less pain.  Much more energy.   

In our uniquely human capacity to connect movement with breath and spiritual meaning, 
yoga is born. 
                                                 --- Gurmukh Kaur Khalsa 



No comments:

Post a Comment