Sunday, October 19, 2014

Gratitude Challenge -- Day 19

1.  Morning Glories.   Each time I see those lovely gentle petals open, I am once again a small child in my pajamas sitting on the front porch of my grandparent's house eating a bowl of cereal.  My grandmother attached twine from the ground to the roof and on late spring and summer mornings I loved seeing the vertical array of color.  A lovely way to begin the day.

I will be the gladdest thing under the sun! 
I will touch a hundred flowers and not pick one.”
                              ― Edna St. Vincent Millay

2.  Ice Cream and Peanuts.  The savory and the sweet--what contrast.  Kinda like an argument when both sides of the disagreement are appreciated.  Tasty and telling.

Something about the joy and pain of that moment,
something about the excruciating contrast
made me feel that no matter what happens now,  
my life has been worth it.  What a ride.
                                     --- Chris Crutcher 

No comments:

Post a Comment