Thursday, October 16, 2014

Gratitude Challenge -- Day 16

1.  Education.  I realize that life teaches us everyday--well, if we're paying any attention at all.    But I'm talking about the really formal sit-down, research-in-lab, and field-trips with challenging teachers.  I believe the value in any authentic educational setting is teaching the student how to think critically--to question, to look from many perspectives, to have a sense of wonderment.  I still love opportunities for those kind of exchanges!

It is the mark of an educated mind 
to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
                                    --- Aristotle

2.  My Book Club.  I love these women!  We each bring our own perspectives as we discuss content, character and author of each monthly selection.  Whether our reading is fiction or nonfiction, we have only one real requirement.  We want to read books with beautiful sentences. 

If you choose to read on a Kindle in the privacy of your own home, 
that's your business.  
But we're still calling this a @#$%& Book Club!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment