Thursday, January 8, 2015

Little Reminders Come in Handy...

I have in my study what I call a meditation table--which is probably a misnomer since I rarely sit before it and contemplate.  In fact, I just recently downsized to a smaller area.  It holds the icons that represent the values I choose to live by.  During the day as I move in and out of that room, I often glance over at the symbols.  The visual calls me to accountability:



A candle holder represents Community--a reminder of its importance.
A tiny Buddha calls me to Wisdom and not arrogance.
A Goddess of Compassion--to draw me to empathy for others.
My wish to live life with Passion is spelled out on a rock.
Namaste--a symbol to honor the spirit in all.
Om written on another rock--a beautiful affirmation.
A shell my mother gave me when I was a child.  She told me to hold it to my ear and I could hear the ocean.  I do hear a sound--I don't know if it's the ocean--but it does remind me to be willing to Listen.
A pewter mold that illustrates my Continuous Journey in life.
A yin yang icon advises me to stay in Balance.

We tend to think of meditation in only one way.
But life itself is a meditation.
                 --- Raul Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment