Saturday, December 7, 2013

Awww...beautiful winter white.

Snow, I want to wash my hands, my hair and face in snow...who doesn't sing along with Rosemary Clooney, Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye and Vera Ellen each year as we watch White Christmas?  Awww--snow!  Our Courier and Ives picture....beautiful, heavy white flakes descending gracefully as we snuggle in our blankets of cuddly fleece watching movies or playing games and drinking hot chocolate...   I can't get enough of that lovely scene.  It's magical...

That was yesterday.  Today I look out and see tire tracks and dog-pee stains where I once saw an unmarked expanse of winter white.  Now the temperatures refuse to climb and I begin to worry about frozen pipes and icy roads and my weakened body lying in a heap of dirty, contaminated snow trying in vain to trudge to the nearest store because I've not a morsel of food left.

OK -- my Courier and Ives vision has been replaced with a warm, sandy beach in the Bahamas.  Call me fickle, but I'm ready for a Chinook!

No comments:

Post a Comment