Wednesday, December 25, 2013

It's over but the memories...

Christmas morning.  I'm laying in my granddaughter's bed listening to Lucy, my beautiful grand dog whining at the door.  If I dare open it, I'll have a 90 pound bundle of love cuddled next to me within seconds.  That's 90 pounds added to the 70 pounds of canine fur already curled beside me on his new Christmas blanket. 

Yes, Christmas at Jen's house is about including ALL members of the family--canine, feline, and hum-ine. 

The traditional Chinese Christmas eve meal--no idea how this began, but it's a must...  Gifts opened.  Oohs and awhs, surprises, laughter, thank yous--followed by a disappearing act to the media center to gain competence on the newest inventions of technology. 

Then mamma in her kerchief and tiredness acknowledged, I settle myself down for a good rest and thoughts of gratitude for being a part of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment