Saturday, September 14, 2013

Happy Birthday, my Friend!

My friend, Kerry, recently moved to Southern Oregon.  I've known her nearly 10 years.  She is probably one of the most creative and energetic friends I've ever had.  This is a woman who has more talents than one individual should be allowed--amazing cook, great entertainer, very computer literate, wonderful storyteller, fantastic hostess, and a very big heart!  And I'm being conservative in this evaluation....  What I admire most about Kerry is her courage to live her dream.

When I first met Kerry, she was the office manager in the department I taught.  As we got better acquainted she shared her dream of becoming an innkeeper.    Since she had already demonstrated all the above mentioned skills for our department, I knew she'd do a great job in this anticipated venture.  But with every dream must come the courage to carry it out.  Did she have it?  Absolutely!

When she left our university, Kerry moved right into the beautiful Lion and the Rose B & B in Portland, OR.  This was her training ground because her ultimate dream included moving to Ashland.

Nearly six months ago that happened.  Working with the owner of the beautiful Italianate mansion, the attractions for guests at this TripAdvisor rated #1 B & B now includes wine-tasting parties, special gifts for returning guests, a new variety in menus and a beautiful website, plus guests who want to stay in touch with her.

While I'm proud of all Kerry has accomplished in fulfilling her dream--she is also a great friend.  One who is kind and loyal; one who is especially fun to be with.

So, Happy Birthday, Kerry!!  May we celebrate many more together!


No comments:

Post a Comment