Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Betcha' Didn't Know...

I won first place in a ping-pong tournament with my boyfriend in the 9th grade.

I loved peanut butter and mayonnaise sandwiches as a child.

I danced among the gas pumps of a service station as the songs from American in Paris ran through my head--on the way home from the theatre.

I had the starring role in a school operetta in third grade.

I was also a majorette beginning in the third grade.

I have entered and used male bathrooms all over the world--never liked reading signs.

I broke my arm roller skating as an adult.

I removed a diamond wedding set from a "five and dime" store when I was 13--and returned it--when I finished pretending to be engaged--later that day.

I covered dog biscuits with peanut butter in the 8th grade and gave them to a teacher as a snack.

My first--and last--brass instrument was an alto horn--extreme animal abuse!

I played drums in the school band in junior high.

I am terrified of mice, and will hold spiders in my hands.

I peed along the Columbia River as a train went by 15 feet in front of me--not all that many years ago.

I played badminton as a teenager quite proficiently.

I married my high school sweetheart.

In high school, my favorite perfume was White Shoulders.

As an adult, my favorite smell is horse manure--only my therapist knows the connection.

I love BBC series--they just know how to do it right!

I shattered the overhead stage lights throwing my baton in the air.  The glass came down showering me with bits in front of a large audience.

At 13, while sitting next to my boyfriend, I fell backwards off a 3-tier set of bleachers as we watched a softball came--complete, total, and utter embarrassment!

My favorite activity is English/Scottish Dancing--Jane Austen style.

Mr. Darcy is my one true love. 

I'm a very proud feminist because I believe in equality and justice for all.


We are all wonderful, beautiful wrecks.  That's what connects us--
that we're all broken, all beautifully imperfect.  
                                                                                   -- Emilio Estevez 
                                                                                             
 Confession IS good for the soul....
  



No comments:

Post a Comment