Saturday, September 27, 2014

Gratitude for people and events...

Several FB friends have recently focused on gratitude--listing daily what they are thankful for.  This has encouraged me--I want to consciously and consistently develop this habit--so I'm taking up the challenge.  AND I'll hold myself accountable by using my blog.

However before I begin any disciplined daily entries, I'll take a look at the summer just ended...

In June I went to Colorado to visit Kathy and her family.  This year's visit focused on the Grand Opening of Kathy's business:  Sip and Splatter--Social Artworking with a Heart.  Party attendees paint pictures, sip wine--the more wine, the more artistic the pictures--and at the same time, donate to their favorite charity.

July found me in Portland with Jennifer and family attending her Relay for Life.  While the relay is about cancer, my daughter's walking cast was about a broken foot--and no, I'm NOT grateful for that!--but seeing the support of her friends is always gratifying.

July also brought Katie and Phoebe for their annual visit--this year zip-lining was the highlight!  Each year I'm so grateful the girls still want to come!

August kept me home most of the time, but not without friends to accompany me to movies, lunches, and wine tastings.

In September, I headed north--for the annual trip to Lake Pend Oreille for sun, relaxation, and friends who make the enjoyment complete!

Not sure I've ever felt such gratitude for life--have I mentioned how much I love retirement!!

October 1 I'll begin my Gratitude Challenge...doing so publicly is a bit scarey.  (True confession:  A couple of times, anticipating this endeavor, I thought of beginning a list early--you know, so if I have difficulty one day...  But I quickly reminded myself that gratitude, of all things, must be done with integrity...so honesty will prevail.)


No comments:

Post a Comment