Sunday, September 28, 2014

Copycat behaviors are not wise....

Some daughters like to take after their mothers--well, maybe when they are aged 3--but it's not too often that you read that mothers want to copy the actions of their daughters...  Frankly, I find far more enjoyment in observing than replicating their experiences.

HOWEVER...this morning as I diligently dug round and round my Euonymus fortunei shrub--aren't you impressed with my use of the scientific name?  (Actually it's a plant with green and white leaves...) 

I'll continue my story:  So I'm digging...I step on a large stone...which turns me around and I begin spinning on the side of my left foot, and almost in slow motion fall on the cement driveway.  Next thought:  Did anyone see me?  And the next?  I hope so--'cause I think I'll faint if I try to get up.  Decision:  Lay there for five minutes until the dizziness subsides.

So now I'm waiting to hear from my daughter who is an expert in these matters.  (You know, broken toes, foot, ankle...)  Is it hot pack first, then cold?  Also my left hand is killing me...very painful to type this blog...but it is good blog material...

Decisions...decisions...and Gilly is no help.  Maybe I should have cried out in pain to get his attention.  

Minutes later:  Jen calls.  Cold packs.  Leg elevated above heart.   Yep--I can do that.  She also recommended a good book OR Midsomer Murders... 

Still don't want to be a copycat...but it's nice to know who to call. 




No comments:

Post a Comment