Monday, November 10, 2014

It Takes So Little...

I'm going to plagiarize this morning--but from Jen, so does that count?  I mean, aren't there some privileges left for the mother of grown daughters?   In Stuff Jen Says a couple of years ago she listed items to give out to strangers in need.

Since then--I do try to take my daughter's suggestions--I have put together gallon size Ziploc bags to hand out.  Items can vary, but here are some ideas.

Chap stick
Small packages of tissues
Comb
Soap
Trail mix
Granola bar
Crackers
Pack of gum
Band aids
Mouthwash
$1 to $5 in cash
Hand-wipes
Socks
Starbucks gift card
I use scrap yarn and make scarves for each bag
A friend knits hats
 A $ Store is a great place to get ideas!

You can speak to five individuals and get five different attitudes about the homeless--usually negative.  But bottom line, the above list is inexpensive to produce, and the gracious appreciation received more than pays for their assembly.

Poverty is the worst form of violence.
                          ― Mahatma Gandhi

No comments:

Post a Comment